Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome!

I am very excited to be here at Nodaway Valley. I will be starting my 8th year as a Principal. I am married and have three children. My wife teaches at Exira-EHK MS. I have 2 daughters, one who just graduated from the University of Iowa, one is a sophomore at BV and plays softball and my son is a sophomore in HS. I am very dedicated to my profession and work very hard to stay updated about what is happening in education. I will pay very close attention to what is happening in the classrooms and building. I believe in being proactive not reactive so I will be very visible. The size of this district allows for many options but yet allows us to follow students as individuals. My goal is to offer support when needed early and not wait until it becomes a major issue. We have some new staff for this year. At the time of this post they are; Marilee Kerber-HS Secretary, Jamaica Reed-Science, Shelly Twitchell-English, Jason Walter-Industrial Technology and Courtney Taglauer-Agriculture Education. Please welcome them to the High School. We will begin our second year of the 1:1 Laptop Initiative. Having that in place allows our students and staff the opportunity to expand the curriculum to meet each student's interests and needs. It will allow learning to take place 24/7 with unlimited resources. My passion currently lies with making learning very individualized. I will speak more about this later but I believe that if this is not happening here we must begin working towards this. Our focus must be on "people not programs." Feel free to contact me anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment